Launched in 2013, The Renault Captur is ideal for drivers who need to carry lots of equipment, but who don’t want to compromise on lower running costs.
Last year it was named Best Compact SUV at the BusinessCar Awards, and two years ago the Captur gained the accolade of Most Highly Rated Car at the Honest John Awards – which are voted for by website users.
Dan Harrison, Editor of honestjohn.co.uk, said:
“Families like its outstanding value and practicality with owners very satisfied thanks to its frugal fuel economy and everyday usability – and giving it five stars as a result.”
Paul Flanagan, Managing Director, Groupe Renault UK and Ireland, said:
“The Captur is stylish and extremely capable as a compact crossover. The fact that it has achieved and maintained its five-star rating by customers over the past 12 months is testament to its abilities as a family car.”
For 2018, the Captur S-Edition brings a more powerful engine, plus a technology package including the R-Link Evolution, Blind Sport Warning and Easy Park Assist
The key features of the Captur, which Renault say make it stand out from the crowd, are:
- With its new full LED “C” shape front and rear lighting signature, Renault Captur draws everyone’s attention.
- The quality of the materials, immaculate interior and customisable ambiance – the cabin of Renault Captur reflects your tastes.
- Choose a style that suits you. Adventure 16-inch, Explore and Emotion 17-inch aluminium wheel rims: the choice is yours.
- Renault Captur lets you transport anything you want. Adjust the interior space to suit, with a sliding 3 seater in the rear that folds down. With a 60/40 split option, transporting long or bulky items is no longer a problem!
- Central armrest, and central, side and seat-back storage. Every passenger has their own storage space on-board Renault Captur.
- Travel in the open air and enjoy the sunshine with Renault Captur’s fixed glass roof.
- Protect your rear-view mirrors from the dangers of the city! When your Renault Captur locks, the electric door mirrors fold in automatically.
- With R-LINK, you can also enjoy Android Auto™ and access your Android smartphone’s applications for driving.
- Hill start assist: Stopped on a steep slope? Brake pressure is maintained for two seconds to allow you to move off with peace of mind.
- Emergency brake assist: When applied suddenly, the brake pedal automatically enhances your braking to reduce your stopping distance
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC): Loss of grip? ESC enhances your stability to allow you to return control of your vehicle.