Swansway Motor Group on the Motability Scheme
Leah Pitt, Motability Accredited Dealership Marketing Executive at Swansway Motor Group;
“The Motability Scheme is a great way for those who are in receipt of a Mobility Allowance to lease a brand-new vehicle, with the cost of everything except fuel covered.
There are 5 types of Mobility Allowances, these are as follows…
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Someone who is looking to join the Motability Scheme can start by finding a participating retailer, there are plenty of makes and models available on the scheme and participating car dealerships across the country will have Motability Specialists to help guide you in your decision. Each quarter, the vehicles available can differ, so speaking with a Motability Specialist will help you to further understand what’s on the scheme at the point of your enquiry.
Each Motability driver can add up to three drivers to their vehicle, to allow their family, friend, or
carer to also drive the vehicle. Adaptations can also be made to the vehicles at no extra cost, to help suit an individual's needs.
On the Motability Scheme, you will receive a brand-new car every three years and the worry-free package from Motability also includes:
- Breakdown Cover
- Servicing, maintenance, and repairs
- Road Tax
- Window and Windscreen repar/replacement
- Up to 60,000 milage allowance over 3 years (100,00 milage allowance over 5 years for
You can find out more about the vehicles available on the Swansway Motability Scheme on the